Sunday, April 12, 2009

Weekly Tunes...

HAPPY EASTER everyone I hope you all are enjoying the break and eating loads of chocolate!! Well here it is is....the weekly mixtape of songs that I am currently dancing around my house to.
1. This is Your Life - The Killers. Since I have seen them live I have rediscovered the Killers. The album this song is off offers something for both long term fans and casual fans. I think they are continuing to improve with each album and people who bagged them for 'Sam's Town' are dead wrong as that is a brilliant record. This song is not a single and may or may not be one in the future, I think I heard the next single will the 'The World We Live in'. However, this song has such a catchy chorus to it and I feel something special when I hear the line "....And the sky is full of dreams But you don't know how to fly..."
2. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) - The Beatles. An amazing song off Rubber Soul that sometimes gets neglected or forgotten amongst the greatness of the whole Beatles catalogue.
3. Time to Pretend - MGMT. Geez...this band have got it. What an amazing song. It sounds like nothing I've heard before. Everyone goes on about 'Electric Feel' but 'Time to Pretend' is just too awesome not to put on any party playlist either. So when you're going to have a party this is a MUST! Also, be sure to check out the Kaiser Chief's covering it on Radio 1 Live Lounge on the link below.


4. Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode. My love for Depeche Mode knows no bounds. I love the darkness to their songs. How do you describe their music? I think it's Joy Division meets dance/electronic music. I believe it is officially described as New Wave whatever that is. I also love Dave Gahan too so that always influences my choices...hahaha
5. Daniel - Bat for Lashes. I talked about her and this song in the review I did for her latest album so if you want more look out for it in a previous post. This is a definite highlight of the album but I also think it will become an instant classic for the indie-alternative music scene.

Anyways to your right (on the side panel) you can sample some of these songs and be sure to go buy the song from the Itunes Store or the album they're on because you will not regret it, that is if you're anything like me.

music=love says peace out!

No comments: