Tuesday, April 14, 2009

2009 Concert Reviews: V Festival Melbourne - KAISER CHIEFS

I'm back again revisiting the V Festival. I absolutely loved the Kaiser Chiefs' set which was amazing because of the enormous amount of energy they put into their performance which gave us all something special. The band, led by Ricky Wilson were consummate showmen whose excitement fed into ours and vice versa. We danced when Ricky danced, screamed like girls at a Jo Bros concert when he ventured into the crowd and ohhhhed and ahhhhed when he was climbing the scaffolding towards the side of the stage I was rocking out at.

The setlist was a full assault of their great indie hits and the band as a whole sounded right on, like a band that knew they wanted to get the whole crowd off. The crowd felt this and my brother and I sang our little hearts out along with most of the audience. Even those around me who were really hanging our for The Killers were like these guys aint bad and were ready to buy their records. I have to say with the benefit of hindsight they were on equal footing with The Killers in terms of setlist, performance, environment and band presence and charisma. They certainly held their own and are worthy of headlining festivals in the future. COME BACK SOON GUYS!!!

Setlist is as follows:
  1. Spanish Metal
  2. Everyday I Love You Less and Less
  3. Everything Is Average Nowadays
  4. You Want History
  5. Ruby
  6. Good Days Bad Days
  7. Na Na Na Na Naa
  8. Love's Not a Competition (But I'm Winning)
  9. Modern Way
  10. Never Miss a Beat
  11. I Predict a Riot
  12. Take My Temperature
  13. The Angry Mob
  14. Oh My God
Photos:
Photos © 2009 music=loveHEADLINERS - THE FANTABULOUS KILLERS are next!

No comments: