Tuesday, April 14, 2009

2009 Album Releases: NEIL YOUNG - FORK IN THE ROAD

Neil Young's 'Fork In The Road' was released on April 7 2009, sorry about not getting this out to you sooner. I haven't heard it yet but it is supposed to have an environmental theme throughout and is based around his hybrid car project...interesting. The tracklisting that is below, pretty much gives you a BIG hint about the theme of the record so be prepared to hear a lot of automotive speak and possibly lyrics about driving...
  1. When Worlds Collide
  2. Fuel Line
  3. Just Singing A Song
  4. Johnny Magic
  5. Cough Up the Bucks
  6. Behind the Wheel
  7. Off the Road
  8. Hit the Road
  9. Light a Candle
  10. Fork In the Road
Also, check out Neil Young's official site for exclusives and all that jazz, including a short film called, 'Get Around' that features all the new songs.

I do have a deep respect for Neil as I think he has written some of the greatest songs of all time. He is the 'loner' of the singer/songwriters and has always done his own thing whether it is popular or not. I see him as one of the very few to be considered a truly alternative artist or musician. If you have not dabbled with Neil Young's work or have been put off by him for any number of reasons I really recommend trying to look beyond that because he is often not given the credit he deserves. His stuff is very accessible and he is absolutely in the same league as Bob Dylan and in my opinion better, but who cares what I think what do you think? Do you feel the love for Neil Young?

By the way, I haven't even bought the album yet but when I do you all will be the first to read my review.

music=love

No comments: