Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Currently listening to...

This week I have a pretty eclectic mixtape which ultimately make the best mixtapes.

1. Untitled - Interpol. This is a great tune and fast being a classic in terms of the dark indie voice that shines through here and all their work. Paul Banks I believe started it and other bands just followed on from there. I love their work and will see them live eventually.
2. Gone - U2. I honestly did not like this song for a long time but Pop is my 2nd fave U2 album ever. It works so well next to 'Last Night on Earth. What an amazing song and I hope it make a return to their setlist this world tour.
3. Tower of Song - Leonard Cohen. There is really not much to say about this...he's a poetic genius.
4. To Lose My Life - White Lies. These guys are awesome and are worthy of the hype that surrounds them at the moment. Definitely one of my albums of the year.
5. Common People - Pulp. If you haven't discovered Pulp...where have you been?...ok, I have to admit I have only been a true fan since last yr. I had heard of them before but didn't take much notice but someone said you must take some time to truly explore their work and I did and was blown away.

So check out what I suggested and if you have any comments please, please, please do!!!

P.S. You can hear the songs on the sidebar under weekly tunes...

No comments: