Friday, April 17, 2009

Record Store Day Australia 2009

Well hello folks...

Guess what time of year.....it's RECORD STORE DAY. The Aussie part is being held on Saturday April 18th (yes, that is tomorrow) with a whole lot of events being staged at different record stores across Australia. I think the idea behind this event is awesome as record stores are slowly fading away, I'm talking about the small ones not chain stores with the wave of downloading that is going on these days. The same goes for the album which has given rise to the importance of the single. I personally love walking through the different sections of a record store looking for the album I had planned to get but stumbling on other bands and singers I haven't heard of and walking out with their albums too. I also miss talking to people who work at record stores about what they are listening to. Ok, enough about the state of the music industry. If you are in Australia please go tomorrow and support record stores and for those elsewhere I think there are worldwide events in all major cities.

Visit Record Store Day Australia for the timetable of events happening across Australia and all the other info you might need.

Also, is anyone planning to go? I think I might head to Basement Discs in the city, I've always loved that place. Ohhh....Little Birdy looks promising too.

Cya all there!

No comments: