Thursday, April 9, 2009

2009 Concert Reviews: V Festival Melbourne - RAZORLIGHT

I'm back with Razorlight's set. I got a bit distracted with a few other things so I couldn't get it up right away. I have to say they are an awesome band and I was really into them about 5 yrs. ago but I got distracted with a number of other Brit bands e.g. the Kaisers who I honestly thought were better.

However, seeing them now reminded me why I liked them in the first place. I was a big fan of 'Up All Night' and 'America' from the second album but that was really it. I don't know any of the songs from their latest 'Slipway Fires' which was released at the end of 2008 but luckily they played a lot of their older stuff which got the most cheers anyways. I went nuts like a real fan girl when they played 'Golden Touch' and 'Up All Night'...it made me very happy. Johnny Borrell is an excellent front man...heaps of charisma and just the good ole' dirty rock and roll attitude. The rest of the band were in top form so Johhny could do his thing but I do think a lot of their sounds similar and that is maybe why I haven't been so interested in what they were up to. But I do reccommend that you see them live as they certainly deliver on stage. Should I get the new record? Can anyone tell me if it is worth getting?

Overall, totallly worth seeing but I guess I would have said the same thing if I had been to the Kills instead who I'm sad I missed but I did not want to give up our second row spots. Well photos below... KAISER CHIEFS NEXT!!!!!!!
Photos © 2009 music=love











2 comments:

John Rey Labong said...

hello, your blog is so nice
hope to read more from it.
please visit also my blog at www.whimsicalway.blogspot.com

music=love said...

Cheers...I can't actually post on yours for some reason but I gather you like Pop music and all that?