Saturday, May 2, 2009

2009 Album Releases: WILCO - WILCO (THE ALBUM)

I'm very excited for this release and to get you all in the mood...here is Wilco performing Wilco (the song) at a Barack Obama rally in 2008. It looks like this song will be appear on the new one....whooohoooo, can you tell I like it?



Ok, now moving on to the main event Wilco will be releasing their aptly named Wilco (the album) on June 30th 2009. Can I just say what a brilliant album name!! The tracklisting is as follows:
  1. Wilco (the song)
  2. Deeper Down
  3. One Wing
  4. Bull Black Nova
  5. You And I
  6. You Never Know
  7. Country Disappeared
  8. Solitaire
  9. I'll Fight
  10. Sonny Feeling
  11. Everlasting Everything
I cannot contain my enthusiasm as I type this and on June 30th I will go ASAP, work permitting to JB to get it. I'm also looking forward to their album cover as they always have such visual covers, I'm thinking 'A Ghost Is Born' in particular. I will without a doubt be reviewing this, so that is something to look out for.

One last thing, please give me some feedback on what albums (recent or oldies) you want me to review. It will be incredibly helpful to me to get a sense of what you want to read about.

Cheers guys!!

No comments: