Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Triple J's Hottest 100 Of All Time

Alternative radio station Triple J has compiled the hottest 100 songs of all time as voted by the public. This is always interesting as everyone has different tastes and even for myself my fave songs of all time change on a weekly basis and even daily if you can believe it.

I am surprised that the Beatles only had three songs in the Top 100 (A Day In The Life, Hey Jude and Come Together). Unfortunately, Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit topped the list and I can't say I rate this song that highly but I can understand why it did get the #1 stop mainly because of the demographic of Triple J listeners. But I'm very pleased that Joy Division got the #4 spot as people forget how important they are to current rock music particularly the crop of bands that are rising through the ranks. Interesting fact: the last time this sort of thing was held by TJ, 1989 to be exact 'Love Will Tear Us Apart was voted #1...yay

Anyways, you can browse the list yourself here and see where your fave band or song appears on the list, if it does at all. Please discuss what's missing from the list in the comments and there I will tell you which one of my favourites have been left out!!! By the way, did I tell you I f***ing hate these lists as I'm always somewhat dissapointed. Sad face...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was dissapointed with Smells like teen spirit. It's an important song, and let's face it, if I hadn't discovered nirvana I wouldn't be listening to any of the stuff I like now.

A lot of people are dissapointed with the lack of women in the countdown. Not even Tori Amos got a look in.