Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Green Day 21st Century Breakdown Australian Tour


Green Day will tour down under at the end of the year. I am surprised they are coming so soon but they have a pretty massive fan base here so I guess they're capitalizing on that. I have to say I've always been a bit wary of bands that have been in the indie/punk or whatever scene and then suddenly become commercially successful. However, in the case of Green Day I think they deserve it and I'm impressed by how many youngsters (I guess 16 and younger...btw this makes me feel really old) have taken to their old stuff and know more about their history and music than me.

I don't think 21st Century Breakdown has been as MEGA as American Idiot but I do think that American Idiot was perfectly timed for the band as it fitted right into pop & political culture of the time. I will be honest with you I haven't heard the whole of 21st Century Breakdown only the two singles and the B-side but when I do I'll definitely tell you what I think!

Well the shows for this year look to be only one per major capital city but it seems there is room for more if they do so sell well. I doubt I'll be going to this one since I saw them in 2005 on their American Idiot World Tour. They were great live and it was made even better by the fact that the last Melbourne show was the official end of the worldwide tour for AI so it was pretty special. However, I don't think I'm willing to part with my $ for this one.

DATES
Friday December 4th: Perth, Burswood Dome
Sunday December 6th: Adelaide, Adelaide Entertainment Centre
Tuesday December 8th: Brisbane, Brisbane Entertainment Centre
Friday December 11th: Sydney, Acer Arena
Monday December 14th: Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena

Tickets go on sale through Ticketek tomorrow the 25th of June to the 26th for the Presale. Please visit the above link for further details as you have to get a special code for it and the time tickets go on sale differ from city to city. Tickets for the general public are on sale on July 1st @ 9am. Happy ticket buying!

No comments: