Friday, February 13, 2009

2009 Album Releases: GREEN DAY - 21st CENTURY BREAKDOWN

Hey all,
The follow up to Green Day's hugely successful American Idiot is 21st Century Breakdown. It will be released in May 2009. This is good news as they kind of fell off the face of the earth for a while with limited news on what they were doing. It will be produced by Butch Vig who did Nirvana's Nevermind and is the drummer from Garbage which makes me curious about the sound. Will it be a concept album like American Idiot, yet commercial, or will it based more in the punk roots of their past e.g. 'Insomniac' & 'Dookie'? I am now even more excited than I thought I would be about this record and it is all because of Butch. I hope it is innovative and filled with awesomness!!!! Also, here is the cover art for all those that are interested.
What do you think and what do you expect from this record?

I will post a few articles that give details about songs from those that have heard some of it.
Edit: It will have 16 tracks and is broken into 3 Acts.

Loz



No comments: