Tuesday, October 13, 2009

2009 DVD Releases: The Killers Live from The Royal Albert Hall DVD1202




How cool does this look...wow can't wait!!!! I know this is no substitute for actually being there but if you miss out on tix or just want to relive the experience then this is for you. I'm a huge fan of concert DVDs but I'm very particular about which ones I get. The band has to not only be good live but have a show that attacks your senses, I'm talking lights, video screens...dancers and other things to make you think beyond the singer/band on stage. The above trailer shows a band in their prime and they seem to have the audience eating out of their hands and I've seen them live and they have all of the above to keep you interested.

I'm a huge fan of these guys as you can probably guess and believe if they keep changing their sound up then music lovers of all types will only benefit. Music journalists love to give them crap but I think they're ambition and sometimes perceived cockiness is good as U2 do it all the time and get away with it and they are definitely not as bad as those Oasis lads. So check this out when Live from The Royal Albert Hall is released on November 10th 2009.

The tracklisting...
  1. Human
  2. This Is Your Life
  3. Somebody Told Me
  4. For Reasons Unknown
  5. The World We Live In
  6. Joyride
  7. I Can’t Stay
  8. Bling (Confessions Of A King)
  9. Shadowplay
  10. Smile Like You Mean It
  11. Losing Touch
  12. Spaceman
  13. A Dustland Fairytale
  14. Sam’s Town (Acoustic)
  15. Read My Mind
  16. Mr. Brightside
  17. All These Things That I’ve Done
  18. Sweet Talk
  19. This River Is Wild
  20. Bones
  21. Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine
  22. When You Were Young

Bonus Features are included too...woooohooo!!!!

Behind the Scenes Doco

Alternate Angles

More stuff...

Tranquilize (Live from Oxegen Festival 2009)

Human (Live from Hyde Park 2009)

Mr Brightside (Live from Hyde Park 2009)

Smile Like You Mean It (Live from V Festival 2009)

When You Were Young (Live from V Festival 2009)

It's all looking really good and guys what did you all think of Muse's The Resistance. Personally, it overwhelmed my senses and I'm still trying to figure it out. But you'll hear more about this in my review.

Edit: The band also have a new track for the New Moon soundtrack, yes do I know its part of the Twilight franchise but more importantly its a new Killers song!!! The new track is called a White Demon Love Song...hmmm. Anyways, you can hear it in a few weeks so you know YouTube that one.

No comments: