Saturday, October 31, 2009

2009 Album Releases: EDITORS - IN THIS LIGHT AND ON THIS EVENING


Third album by British band Editors, In This Light and On this Evening is out now and it sounds good!!!! I've always loved their Joy Division-esque sound. I mean I'm a huge fan of the dark and depressing sound and lyrics of The Smiths, obviously Morrissey, Echo & the Bunnymen and Depeche Mode so it goes without saying these guys are high on my list. Their first album The Back Room had success but I think it was An End Has A Start that really exploded in Aus. It seems everyone was talking about 'Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors' at the time. This new one was produced by Flood who has worked with everyone from U2 to Nine Inch Nails and Sigur Ros. I think this definitely rates as a great record but I am a bit disappointed with the lack of guitars as there are more synthesizers this time around. It has taken the No. 1 spot in the UK charts already so hopefully we'll hear about the band coming here for a tour!!!. Also, in case you were wondering I'm voting them for cover art of the year, forget what I said about YYY. It's so simplistic but extremely effective.

Tracklisting
CD # 1
1. In This Light and On This Evening
2. Bricks and Mortar
3. Papillon
4. You Don't Know Love
5. The Big Exit
6. The Boxer
7. Little Treasure
8. Eat Raw Meat = Blood Drool
9. Walk the Fleet Road
CD#2 - Deluxe Edition
1. This House is Full of Noise
2. I Want a Forest
3. A Life As a Ghost
4. Human
5. For the Money

Look out for this one it's out NOW!!!

No comments: