Sunday, August 30, 2009

Oasis - Are they are aren't they?

Noel Gallagher quit Oasis!! Apparently, but I think it is all but confirmed now that Liam broke Noel's guitar backstage before a festival gig near Paris and thus any further shows have been cancelled with the band no longer in existence. However, given time there maybe news on a replacement but I really don't see how Oasis can go on without the Gallagher brothers together. Noel released an official statement on their website that you can view here. This is all a great shame as they are one of the great rock and roll bands of my time!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose it isn't suprising that Noel left, after all it, it does seem like they've spent their entire career feuding in some form or another.
I can't see Oasis going on without Noel but who knows, it could be a temporary thing.

music=love said...

I agree and I think maybe given time they will realize how good they've had it. Although, both their attitudes are annoying.

Antipholus Papps said...

Frankly I'm overjoyed that the gobshite plagiarists have called it a day. I mean c'mon, they even stole from The Rutles!