Sunday, March 8, 2009

2009 Album Releases: THE DECEMBERISTS - THE HAZARDS OF LOVE

The Decemberists release their new album, 'The Hazards of Love' on 24th of March 2009. This looks to be an interesting release for the indie band as it is reported to be more folk-based. This could mean many things and by the looks of the tracklisting I say it will be a very exciting and unconventional record.

The album cover and tracklisting is as follows...


1. Prelude
2. The Hazards of Love 1 (The Prettiest Whistles Won't Wrestle the Thistles Undone)
3. A Bower Scene
4. Won't Want for Love (Margaret in the Taiga)
5. The Hazards of Love 2 (Wager All)
6. The Queen's Approach
7. Isn't it a Lovely Night?
8. The Wanting Comes in Waves / Repaid
9. An Interlude
10. The Rake's Song
11. The Abduction of Margaret
12. The Queen's Rebuke / The Crossing
13. Annan Water
14. Margaret in Captivity
15. The Hazards of Love 3 (Revenge!)
16. The Wanting Comes in Waves (Reprise)
17. The Hazards of Love 4 (The Drowned)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you had a chance to listen to the album yet?
I'm always weary of concept album and I've heard mixed things about it and can't decide if it's worth buying it.

music=love said...

I haven't heard it yet, I am bit behind on new releases and The Decemberists are not my fave band and thus behind on my list of things to listen and review. I'm lemming Bob Dylan's new release first.

Some of the great albums are concept ones so I can't really criticize them but if they are done poorly then it's a disaster