Sunday, May 10, 2009

AC/DC BLACK ICE WORLD TOUR 2010

Aussie rockers AC/DC return to their homeland and NZ for their first time since 2001. They will hopefully be playing a good mix of old and new stuff. They will be debuting songs from their 2008 release Black Ice (their first in over 8 years) which I can honestly say I was not very impressed with. Anyways, this is going to be a massive tour and the dates are as follows for 2010:

January 30, Wellington, venue TBC
February 6, Auckland, venue TBC
February 11, Melbourne, Etihad Stadium
February 18, Sydney, ANZ Stadium
February 25, Brisbane, Queensland Sports and Athletics Centre
March 2, Adelaide, Adelaide Oval
March 6, Perth, Subiaco

The dates are quite far apart which suggests that more will be added as one Melbourne date is just not enough as far as I'm concerned. Rumour has it there will be a show at Uluru.

Wolfmother will be supporting which is the perfect opportunity to showcase songs from their new album 'Cosmic Egg' which is released in September of this year. Also, it will be interesting to see them live with their new lineup. Let's hope 'Cosmic Egg' is a success because anything less will prove that Andrew Stockdale walking out on the original band was an epic failure. Back to Acca Dacca, tickets will be reasonably priced at $99 and $150 so you better get your act together when tix go on sale on Monday, May 25th at 9am through Ticketmaster!

See you all there!

3 comments:

CTVicky said...

They've recently been touring over here in the UK. I read some very good reviews in Classic Rock magazine. Apparently they play absolutely perfectly and don't deviate too much from original recordings.

I actually won't see them though. I like a few of their songs but never got that much into them.

music=love said...

It's good to hear that they sound good live cos' honestly I was and still am a bit worried about that.

I can understand not going if you only like a few songs and I actually wasn't sure if I wanted to go. But I think I probably will since the tickets are well priced and not ridiculous like Simon and Garfunkel's are.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of going to this.
I just hope they're still good after all this time.
I'll have to remember to miss wolfmother...I can't stand them.